Learn how to uninstall and delete Facebook Messenger account and Facebook chats
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps with billion users. Facebook Messenger is now a separate service from Facebook on mobile devices.
Facebook Messenger is a mobile app used as a chat program. You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account. You can delete messages, conversations and photos from your inbox.
If you want to remove yourself from Facebook chat completely, you’ll have to Delete your Facebook Account as well.
Uninstall Facebook Messenger on Android
- Open Messenger
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner > Privacy & Terms > Deactivate Messenger
- Enter your password and tap Continue
- Tap Deactivate
Uninstall Facebook Messenger On iPhone
- Locate Facebook Messenger on your device
- Tap and hold the Messenger app icon
- Tap X (top-left corner of the Messenger app icon)
- A pop-up will open, Tap Delete
How To delete a message or photo:
- Open the conversation
- Tap and hold the message or photo you’d like to delete until a menu at the bottom pops up
- Tap Delete at the bottom
How To delete a conversation on the iPhone and iPad:
- View your conversations from Home
- Press and hold the conversation you want to delete
- Tap Delete Conversation
How To Delete Facebook Chat on Computer
- Open Facebook visit this link https://www.facebook.com/
- Click the Messages icon at the top right of the screen
- Tap on the message you want to delete
- Click the gear icon on top right-hand side
- Select Delete Conversation from that drop-down menu
- Confirm to Delete This Entire Conversation.